- Resistant to fading.
- Verdigris is lightfast in oil paint, as numerous examples of fifteenth-century paintings show.
- 2004, Peter K. Burian, Masteringdigital Photography and Imaging, page 75,
- Some ink-and-paper combinations are more lightfast than others, and the resulting prints are more fade-resistant.
- 2009, Anthony Covington, Tony Covington, Tanning Chemistry: The Science of Leather, page 286,
- Tara, a gallotannin, is often quoted as being the most lightfast vegetable tannin and makes very pale coloured leather.
- 2010, Sherry Stone Clifton, Anita Marie Giddings, Pastels For Dummies, unnumbered page,
- The blue, or cyan, is the most lightfast ink used in the printing process, so it lasts the longest. That blue, incidentally, is the phthalocyanine blue pigment.
- You can easily test to determine whether any material is lightfast.
- (resistant to fading): colorfast