Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: longsuffering
- Having endured mental or physical discomfort for a protracted period of time patiently or without complaint.
- His long-suffering wife may have had to put up with him for many years, but she also benefited when times were good.
- 1917, Bible (Jewish Publication Society), Exodus xxxiv. 6
- The Lord God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth.
- 2020 April 8, Howard Johnston, “East-ended? When the ECML was at risk”, in Rail, page 68:
- For long-suffering suburban passengers, 1970 represented a milestone as the beginning of the demise of the slam-door multiple unit.
having endured discomfort