Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The term was invented by Christopher Echard, the self-proclaimed "Minister of Filth". Later popularized by the book Sarah, a fictional account of the life of a truck stop prostitute.
- 1986 — University of Kansas City Review, v. 53
- Maybe he's doin' a run to Shakey Town where some lot lizard checks his dip stick.
- 1994 — Susan Baur, "Confiding"
- And Larry across from them — fuckin' dumbo, that guy, a regular lot lizard
- 1999 — James Morgan, The distance to the moon
- A lot lizard was somebody who walked the sales lot and looked at every car and still didn't buy.
- 2000 — Green Day. Misery
- Virginia was a lot lizard from FLA/She had a compound fracture in the trunk.
- 2001 — JT LeRoy (Laura Albert), Sarah
- … the most famous "lot lizard", or truck stop whore, in the business.
- 2001 — Remar Sutton, "Don't get taken every time" (Cited in The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, 2006)
- Floor Whores, a.k.a. "Lot Lizards" … Salespeople who have survived by learning to pounce on the first person who walks in cold, without making an appointment