Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Lizard
lizard (plural lizards)
- Any reptile of the order Squamata that is not a snake, usually having four legs, external ear openings, movable eyelids and a long slender body and tail.
- (chiefly in attributive use) Lizard skin, the skin of these reptiles.
- (colloquial) An unctuous person.
- (colloquial) A coward.
- (rock paper scissors) A hand forming a "D" shape with the tips of the thumb and index finger touching (a handshape resembling a lizard), that beats paper and Spock and loses to rock and scissors in rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock.
- (in compounds) A person who idly spends time in a specified place, especially a promiscuous female.
- lounge lizard; lot lizard; beach lizard; truck stop lizard
Terms derived from lizard
coward — see coward
- Alternative form of