Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- Capable of being moved, lifted, carried, drawn, turned, or conveyed, or in any way made to change place or posture; not fixed or stationary
- 1902, Henry Billings Brown, The Osceola:
- The owners had supplied the vessel with a movable derrick for the purpose of raising the gangways of the vessel when in port, in order to discharge cargo.
- Changing from one time to another
- This feast is movable - its date varies from year to year.
capable of being moved
changing from one time to another
movable (plural movables)
- Something which is movable; an article of wares or goods; a commodity; a piece of property not fixed, or not a part of real estate; generally, in the plural, goods; wares; furniture.