Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: low hanging fruit
- (idiomatic) Easily obtained gains; what can be obtained by readily available means.
- 2010 Dany Shukrun, UCC F2F "But, we want to identify, the low-hanging fruit that we can harvest this year!"
2008, Thomas F. Schaller, Whistling Past Dixie: How Democrats Can Win Without the South, page 166:
- But, Florida aside, the low-hanging fruit is not in Dixie.
2007, Nick Johnstone, Environmental Policy and Corporate Behaviour, page 97:
- the low-hanging fruit are picked first
2004, Sarah James, The Natural Step for Communities: How Cities and Towns Can Change to, page 201:
- Low-hanging fruits are those actions that garner early agreement and that are obtainable in the short run.