Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: magnètic
- Of, relating to, operating by, or caused by magnetism.
- a magnetic recorder
- Having the properties of a magnet, especially the ability to draw or pull.
- Determined by earth's magnetic fields.
- magnetic north
- the magnetic meridian
- Having an extraordinary ability to attract.
- He has a magnetic personality.
- (Can we date this quote by John Donne and provide title, author’s full name, and other details?)
- she that had all magnetic force alone
- (archaic) Having, susceptible to, or induced by, animal magnetism.
- a magnetic sleep
- (of, relating to, caused by, or operating by magnetism): magnetised, magnetized
- (having the properties a magnet): attractive, repulsive
- (having an extraordinary ability to attract): appealing, attractive, charismatic, inviting, seductive
- (of, relating to, caused by, or operating by magnetism): antimagnetic
- (determined by earth's magnetic fields): geographic
- (having an extraordinary ability to attract): repulsive
- non-magnetic, nonmagnetic
- functional magnetic resonance imaging
- magnetic anisotropy
- magnetic bearing
- magnetic circuit
- magnetic compass
- magnetic crochet
- magnetic declination
- magnetic deviation
- magnetic dip
- magnetic energy
- magnetic equator
- magnetic field
- magnetic flux
- magnetic flux density
- magnetic lens
- magnetic levitation
- magnetic mine
- magnetic moment
- magnetic monopole
- magnetic north
- magnetic North Pole
- magnetic permeability
- magnetic poetry
- magnetic polarity
- magnetic pole
- magnetic quantum number
- magnetic recording
- magnetic resonance imaging
- magnetic resonance tomography
- magnetic reversal
- magnetic stirrer
- magnetic stripe
- magnetic susceptibility
- magnetic tape
- magnetic termite
- magnetic thermometer
- magnetic variation
- nuclear magnetic pulse
- nuclear magnetic resonance
of, relating to, caused by, or operating by magnetism
having the properties a magnet
determined by earth's magnetic fields
having an extraordinary ability to attract
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- 2019 January 18, “La planeta dels tres pòls magnetics”, in Jornalet:
- Son camp magnetic es lo pus grand del Sistèma Solar.
- Its magnetic field is the largest in the Solar System.
- Joan de Cantalausa (2006) Diccionari general occitan a partir dels parlars lengadocians, 2 edition, →ISBN, page 617.