Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Using manipulation purposefully.
- Tending to manipulate.
- (derogatory) Reaching one's goals at the expense of other people by using them.
describing a person who manipulates others
manipulative (plural manipulatives)
- (mathematics) A manipulable object designed to demonstrate a mathematical concept.
- 2008 April 25, Kenneth Chang, “Study Suggests Math Teachers Scrap Balls and Slices”, in New York Times:
- Some children need manipulatives to learn math basics, Dr. Clements said, but only as a starting point.