Jump to navigation Jump to search
maskhole (plural maskholes)
- (slang, derogatory) A person who refuses to wear a facemask during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2020 July 19, Saslow, Eli, “No mask, no entry. Is that clear enough?”, in The Washington Post, page A1:
- Why is this my problem to deal with? This maskhole? This covidiot whose stupidity is putting me at risk? This isn't what I signed up for.
- 2020 August 6, Luckhurst, Phoebe, “The great cover-up: TRENDS from fashion's big spenders to DIY menders”, in Evening Standard, page 17:
- The Maskhole wears theirs halfway down the face, while grinning, thus rendering the protection to others null and void.
- 2021 May 21, Idliby, Leia, “Jimmy Kimmel slams ‘Freeloaders’ avoiding the vaccine: ‘You’re the guy who brings five napkins to a potluck’”, in Mediaite, Newstex Trade & Industry Blogs:
- Kimmel first tore into “maskhole” Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) for shredding up a warning from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), regarding Congress’ mask mandate.
- 2021 July 22, Tommy Christopher, “Opinion: Biden Gives Great Answer for Republican Restaurant Mogul Who Can’t Find Workers”, in Mediaite, Newstex Trade & Industry Blogs:
- Maskholes and other assorted Covid-era jagoffs have shown the level of abuse that these jobs subject people to, and if the extra unemployment gave people the leverage to hold out for more money to take that abuse, I’m all for it.
- (slang, derogatory) A person who harasses others for not wearing a face mask.
- 2020 May 15, Ed Mosca, “Don’t be a #Maskhole”, in Granite Grok, Newstex blogs:
- I did not mean Masshole. I meant Maskhole a virtue-signaling, white-privilege 'progressive' who knows nothing about COVID, but believes he does and also believes he has some inherent right to tell everyone else how to live their lives on account of COVID.
- 2021 March 18, quoting John Kennedy, “SEN. JOHN KENNEDY (R-LA) IS INTERVIEWED ON FOX NEWS”, in Political Transcript Wire, Lanham:
- Well, look, I wear a mask, I try not to be a maskhole about it. If I see — if I see somebody who doesn't have a mask, I don't call 911.
- 2021 May 21, James Crump, “Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls Nancy Pelosi ‘Speaker Maskhole’ Over House Fines”, in Newsweek:
- Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene described House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as “speaker maskhole,” as she revealed that she has now been sent two warning letters for not wearing a face mask in Congress.