Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
meatgrinder (plural meatgrinders)
- A device for cutting meat into very small pieces.
- Keep your fingers away from the throat of the meatgrinder.
- A physically dangerous or wearing activity, as a military battle, or an occupational or athletic activity.
- The mountainous second day of the race was a real meatgrinder, with 20% of racers dropping out.
- A process that is likely to be injurious in a non-physical way.
- Senate confirmation hearings are a real meatgrinder, discouraging people from government service.
device for cutting meat
physically dangerous or wearing activity