Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Wearing or grinding down by friction.
- The gradual reduction in a tangible or intangible resource due to causes that are passive and do not involve productive use of the resource.
- (human resources) A gradual, natural reduction in membership or personnel, as through retirement, resignation, or death.
- (sciences) The loss of participants during an experiment.
- (theology) Imperfect contrition or remorse.
- (dentistry) The wearing of teeth due to their grinding.
- (linguistics) The loss of a first or second language or a portion of that language.
wearing by friction
reduction in membership
policy of decruitment
wearing of teeth
- (employment reduction by natural causes): natural wastage
attrition f (plural attritions)