Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)fɪk
- Characterised by or exhibiting a change in form or character. [from 19th c.]
- (geology) Pertaining to metamorphism; having been structurally altered as a result of, or resulting from, exposure to intense heat and/or pressure (at the contact zone between colliding plates, for example). [from 19th c.]
- (zoology) Pertaining to metamorphosis. [from 19th c.]
- Of or relating to the Metamorphic Technique, a form of massage influenced by reflexology.
Terms derived from metamorphic
metamorphic (plural metamorphics)
- (mineralogy) A rock that has been changed from its original form by subjection to heat and/or pressure.