Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sense 1): meta-analysis
meta- + analysis. In the linguistic sense coined by Danish linguist Otto Jespersen.
metanalysis (countable and uncountable, plural metanalyses)
- Analysis of analyses.
- Synonym: meta-analysis
- a metanalysis of 35 existing studies
- (linguistics) The act of breaking down a word or phrase into segments or meanings not original to it; breaking down the original boundaries between morphemes, words, or other units.
- Synonym: rebracketing
- Coordinate term: reanalysis
rebracketing — see rebracketing
- English terms prefixed with meta-
- English terms coined by Otto Jespersen
- English coinages
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- English terms with usage examples