Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA(key): /mə.ˈtæ.θə.səs/, [mə.ˈtʰæ.θə.səs], /mɛ.ˈtæ.θə.sɪs/, [mɛ.ˈtʰæ.θə.sɪs]
Audio (UK) (file)
- (phonetics, prosody) The transposition of letters, syllables or sounds within a word, such as in ask as /æks/.
- Hyponym: hyperthesis
- (inorganic chemistry) The double decomposition of inorganic salts.
- (organic chemistry) The breaking and reforming of double bonds in olefins in which substituent groups are swapped.
the transposition of letters, syllables or sounds within a word
the breaking and reforming of double bonds in olefins in which substituent groups are swapped
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked