Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /meθəˈdɒlədʒi/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌmɜθəˈdɑlədʒi/, /ˌmɜθɪˈdɑlɪdʒi/
- The study of methods used in a field.
- (proscribed) A collection of methods, practices, procedures and rules used by those who work in some field.
- The implementation of such methods etc.
Etymologically, methodology refers to the study of methods. Thus the use of methodology as a synonym for methods (or other simple terms such as means, technique, or procedure) is proscribed as both inaccurate and pretentious.
the study of methods used in a field
a collection of methods, practices, procedures and rules used by those who work in some field