- miscreaunt (obsolete)
- Lacking in conscience or moral principles; unscrupulous.
- (theology) Holding an incorrect religious belief.
lacking in conscience or moral principles; unscrupulous
holding an incorrect religious belief
miscreant (plural miscreants)
- One who has behaved badly, or illegally.
- The teacher sent the miscreants to see the school principal.
- One not restrained by moral principles; an unscrupulous villain.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Addison to this entry?)
- (theology) One who holds a false religious belief; a misbeliever.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of De Quincey to this entry?)
- Thou oughtest not to be slothful to the destruction of the miscreants, but to constrain them to obey our Lord God.
- For usage examples of this term, see Citations:miscreant.
one who has behaved badly or illegally
one not restrained by moral principles
one who holds a false religious belief; an unbeliever