Jump to navigation Jump to search
moonscape (plural moonscapes)
- A view of an area of the Moon
- (by extension) A desolate or devastated landscape.
- 2007 December 20, Clive Thompson, “Clive Thompson on How the Next Victim of Climate Change Will Be Our Minds”, in Wired Magazine, number 16.01, archived from the original on 2013-06-30:
- In the Australian outback, industrial activity — notably open-pit coal mining — has turned verdant areas into moonscapes seemingly overnight, and the suicide rate in the region has skyrocketed.
- 2020 July 15, Marion Gourlay, “Old Oak Common: no ordinary station”, in Rail, page 48:
- Looking across the recently flattened, desolate moonscape of this former 52-acre Great Western depot and industrial area, south of Willesden Junction in west London, it's hard to imagine it will be home to the UK's largest, busiest and best-connected new railway station since Victorian times.
view of an area of the Moon