Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Softness, smoothness; also in a negative sense, weakness, effeminacy.
- 1603, John Florio, transl.; Michel de Montaigne, chapter 20, in The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821:
- Yea, when we forge its image in hir excellencie, we deck it with epithets of sickish and dolorous qualities: languor, effeminacy, weaknesse, fainting and Morbidezza, a great testimony of their consanguinity and consubstantiality.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Ludden to this entry?)
- (arts) A naturalistic delicacy in flesh tones.
morbidezza f (plural morbidezze)