Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Multiverse
multiverse (plural multiverses)
- (philosophy) The world, considered as lacking in purpose, design, or predictability.
- 1953, Bellow, Saul, chapter 6, in The Adventures of Augie March, Viking Press:
- I've never gone through a place like Racine without thinking which house with the rubber-tire swing for kids and piano-practicing inside was like Stiva Lausch's, who had two daughters brought up with every refinement, including piano lessons, and how such little-speaking Odessa-bred sons had gotten on a track like this through the multiverse.
- (physics, cosmology) The hypothetical group of all the possible universes in existence.
- Our universe is a very small part of the multiverse.
- In the DC multiverse, our reality is called "Earth-33". But in the Marvel multiverse, it's "Earth-1218".
hypothetical group of all possible universes