Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chiefly early and Northern dialectal) Alternative form of .
- “no-man (pron.)” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 13 June 2018.
- accusative singular of
- genitive singular of
- dative singular of
- nominative plural of
- accusative plural of
- used to soften requests
- Tulungan mo naman ako.
- Could you, please, help me?
- on the other hand
- Pupunta si Miguel sa iskul. Si Mark naman ay pupunta sa opisina.
- Miguel is going to school. On the other hand, Mark is heading to the office.
- particle used to express the turn of somebody or something
- Okay, ako naman!
- Okay, it's my turn!
- Sana Vietnam naman ang manalo sa Miss Universe. Lagi na lang Pilipinas, eh.
- I wish Vietnam wins this time in Miss Universe. The Philippines has always been the winner recently.
- particle used to emphasize contrast
- Sabi nila may pera daw sa lamesa, eh wala naman!
- They told me there's money on the table but I haven't found any!
- Wala ka namang sinabing pupunta ka, ah?
- But you didn't tell me you're coming!
- Maganda sya, pero tamad naman.
- She's pretty, but lazy.
- Mali 'yung sagot mo sa number 5. — Hindi ah! Tama naman, ah!
- Your answer in number 5 is incorrect. — No way! It's correct, mind you!
- Wala naman akong kasalanan, ah!
- But, I told you, I'm innocent!
- particle used to emphasize affirmation
- Sasama ka ba sa amin? — Oo naman!
- Are you coming with us? — Yes, indeed!
- particle used to give additional information so the other person will be finally convinced of what you've said or asked
- Sabihin mo na sa akin ang sekreto mo. Wala namang makakaalam na iba, eh.
- Tell me that secret of yours. In the end, nobody's going to find out. Come on!
- particle used in exclamatory sentences to add more emotion
- Ang tanga naman nun!
- Oh look how stupid he is!
- Sana mamatay na 'yang gagong 'yan! — Huwag naman!
- I wish that jerk die! — Oh, no way! That poor guy.
- Grabe naman 'yung nangyaring lindol sa Japan!
- Japan earthquake was just outrageous!
- Kawawa naman 'yung mga namatay sa bagyong Yolanda!
- How sorry I feel for the victims of typhoon Yolanda!
- used to express that something is pointless
- Hindi ako pupunta sa party. Wala din naman akong kilala doon.
- I'm not coming to the party. After all, I don't know anyone invited coming.
- Itapon mo na 'yan. Sira din naman na, eh!
- You can throw that away! It's broken, after all.
- Bakit ka pa nag-aaral eh babagsak ka din naman.
- What's the point of your studying when you're going to fail anyways?
- Kamusta ka na? — Okay lang naman ako.
- How are you? — I'm just fine.
- used sarcastically to emphasize the name of a person or thing when something about that person or thing is surprising in a particular situation
- Bakit ba tayo naghahanda? Sino ba ang dadating bukas? — 'yung presidente lang naman!
- What are we preparing for? Who's coming over tomorrow, by the way? — Oh, well. It's none other than the president!
- Kumain na naman ako.
- I ate again.
- Nandito na naman sya?
- He's back again?
- used to express fear, worry or disappointment about something unexpected happened
- Umuulan nang malakas sa labas. — Talaga? Naku, wala pa naman akong dalang payong.
- It's raining cats and dogs. — Oh really? Damn! I didn't bring my umbrella.
- Hindi na raw matutuloy 'yung party. — Talaga? Bumili pa naman ako ng bagong damit.
- The party has been cancelled. — No way! I bought a new dress for it. Poor me!
- of course!
- Ang ganda talaga ng Pilipinas. — Naman!
- Philippines is really beautiful. — Of course!