Jump to navigation Jump to search
null + -ification
nullification (countable and uncountable, plural nullifications)
- The act of nullifying; a rendering void and of no effect, or no legal effect.
- The nullification crisis in U.S. history, confrontation between the state of South Carolina and the federal government in 1832–33 over the former's attempt to declare null and void within the state the federal Tariffs of 1828 and 1832.
- (neologism) Surgical removal of genitals (and sometimes nipples) as a form of body modification; a person who has undergone this surgery is a nullo.
the act of nullifying something
nullification f (plural nullifications)
- “nullification”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English terms suffixed with -ification
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:English/eɪʃən/5 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English neologisms
- French 5-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French feminine nouns