Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈnɝsɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈnɜːsɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)sɪŋ
- Hyphenation: nurs‧ing
- In the state of suckling young, lactating.
- The nursing bear wouldn't move far until her cubs were older.
- Referring to nurses.
- The nursing staff worked overtime at the hospital.
referring to nurses
- Suckling, such as breastfeeding.
- The process or profession of caring for patients as a nurse.
- She went into nursing as a career.
breastfeeding — see breastfeeding
caring for patients
nursing n (uncountable)