on a roll
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (informal) Having a streak of good luck or good progress or success.
- He was on a roll with the answers that day and didn't want to stop.
- 1984 Jan. 2, Charles P. Alexander, "Cheers for a Banner Year," Time (retrieved 26 Aug 2015):
- With unemployment falling, incomes rising, inflation at bay and shoppers crowding into stores, the economy is entering 1984 on a roll.
- 2015 Feb. 9, Matthew Amalfitano, "Torino eyeing Europa League," Independent (UK) (retrieved 26 Aug 2015):
- After a sluggish start to the season, Torino are on a roll. The Granata began their nine-match unbeaten streak in Serie A on December 6.