on its merits
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Considering only intrinsic good points and bad points, without prejudice or other considerations, such as procedural ones.
- The proposal should be discussed on its merits.
considering vital points
- “on its merits”, in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
- “on its own merits” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- “judge consider etc something on its own merits” in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Longman.
- “on someone s something s merit” (US) / “on someone s something s merit” (UK) in Macmillan English Dictionary.