on the same wavelength
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) In rapport or complete accord.
- Luckily, the members of the committee were on the same wavelength, so we didn't have endless discussions about what words meant.
- 2022 January 17, Lizzie Cernik, “How we met: ‘None of my Indian friends had girlfriends. But I liked her too much to say no’”, in The Guardian:
- “I love that we’re best friends,” says Emily. “We complete each other’s sentences and we’re on the same wavelength.”
- May function as a predicate.