- ophthalmick (obsolete)
ophthalmic (not comparable)
- (medicine) Of or pertaining to the eyes.
- Eyedrops are an ophthalmic solution.
- Visionary, looking to the future.
1861, Charles Dickens, Great Expectations:
- Yet I do not call to mind that I was ever in my earlier youth the subject of remark in our social family circle, but some large-handed person took some such ophthalmic steps to patronize me.
2000, David Pierce, Irish Writing in the Twentieth Century: A Reader, ISBN 1859182585, page 516:
- If Jack Yeats has made this ophthalmic adjustment, and if W.B. never really was so foolish as to look things between the eyes (until the Revolution grimaced at him), have the realistic novelists of our time been wise in their insistence on ruthless close-ups?