Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: over-rated
overrated (comparative more overrated, superlative most overrated)
- Given an undue amount of credit for quality or merit in a field; not necessarily related to popularity.
- My sister is an overrated singer.
- 2008, Lisa Tucker, Shout Down the Moon, Simon and Schuster, →ISBN:
- I say, “Tom Cruise,” because I know Irene hates Tom Cruise and she'll go on and on about why he's completely overrated.
rated too highly
- simple past tense and past participle of overrate