Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ʌnˈdjuː/
- (US) IPA(key): /ʌnˈduː/, /ʌnˈdjuː/
- Rhymes: -uː
- Homophone: undo
- Excessive; going beyond that what is natural or sufficient.
- To individuals who despise killings in any form, death penalty is undue punishment.
- 2016 January 17, "Wealthy cabals run America," Al Jazeera America (retrieved 18 January 2016):
- But even if they don’t announce themselves on the cover of the Times business section, groups of millionaires exercise undue influence on every aspect of American life every day.
- That which ought not to be done; illegal; unjustified.
- (of a payment etc) Not owing or payable.
Excessive; going beyond that what is natural or sufficient
That which ought not to be done; illegal; unjustified