pachyderm (plural pachyderms)
- Someone (or something) with thick skin. It is used for animals such as an elephant or a hippopotamus.
- (obsolete, zoology) A member of the obsolete taxonomic order Pachydermata, grouping of thick-skinned, hoofed animals such as the rhinoceros, hippopotamus, elephant, pig and horse.
- (informal) An elephant
- (idiomatic) A person with thick skin; someone who is not affected by or does not care what others say about him or her.
- (idiomatic) Someone who is insensitive.
someone with thick skin
member of the group Pachydermata
- Greek: παχύδερμο n (pachýdermo) (3,4)