pageant + -ry
pageantry (countable and uncountable, plural pageantries)
- A pageant; a colourful show or display, as in a pageant.
- 1609: William Shakespeare, Pericles (V, ii)
- That you aptly will suppose / What pageantry, what feats, what shows, / What minstrelsy, and pretty din, / The regent made in Mytilene / To greet the king.
- 1849: Henry David Thoreau, A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers
- The world seemed decked for some holiday or prouder pageantry, with silken streamers flying, ...
A colourful show or display