Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: par-dessus
From French pardessus de viole.
pardessus (plural pardessus)
- (music) A pardessus de viole; a bowed stringed instrument with a fretted neck and five or six strings, the highest pitched member of the viol family.
From par-dessus (“over the top of”).
pardessus m (plural pardessus)
- overcoat (garment)
- → Ottoman Turkish: پاردسو (pardösü)
- Turkish: pardösü
- → Persian: پاردسو (pârdesu)
- → Romanian: pardesiu
- “pardessus”, in Trésor de la langue française informatisé [Digitized Treasury of the French Language], 2012.
- English terms derived from French
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English indeclinable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- en:Musical instruments
- French 3-syllable words
- French terms with IPA pronunciation
- French terms with audio links
- French lemmas
- French nouns
- French countable nouns
- French masculine nouns