Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpikɑkɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpiːkɒkɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: pea‧cock‧ing
- (seduction community) Ostentatious dress or behaviour employed by a man in an attempt to impress women.
- 1997, Emily Toth, Ms. Mentor's impeccable advice for women in academia, University of Pennsylvania Press, page 66:
- Peacocking may take place in legislatures and lodges, churches and chain stores. But it is particularly evident and bizarre in academia, a world where everyone is supposed to produce logically ordered exchanges of ideas.
- 2010, Eric Rogell, The Art of War for Dating:
- While you can decide for yourself if peacocking is your thing or not, I recommend you make a conscious effort to stand out from the crowd when you head out. If you dress like everyone else, you'll just blend into everyone else.