Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (seduction community) Ostentatious dress or behaviour employed by a man in an attempt to impress women.
- 1997, Emily Toth, Ms. Mentor's impeccable advice for women in academia, University of Pennsylvania Press, page 66:
- Peacocking may take place in legislatures and lodges, churches and chain stores. But it is particularly evident and bizarre in academia, a world where everyone is supposed to produce logically ordered exchanges of ideas.
- Men do it to get attention from women. Peacocking in pickup circles is pretty much a given. It's not for everyone and if you do decide to do it, you have to fully commit to it.
- 2011 April 10, Seth McFarlane as Brian and Stewie Griffin, Tiegs for Two (Family Guy), season 9, episode 14:
- Brian: Quagmire told us to dress flashy so girls would notice us.
- Stewie: Oh, right. Peacocking.
- Sandor Johnson, Call of the Loons (page 272)
- It's called peacocking. Gets the chicks to notice me. Gives 'em a conversation piece.