Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Peacock
peacock (plural peacocks)
- A male peafowl, especially Pavo cristatus, notable for its brilliant iridescently ocellated tail.
- A peafowl (of the genus Pavo or Afropavo), either male or female.
- A vainglorious person [from the 14th c.].
- (entomology) Any of various Asian species of papilionid butterflies of the genus Papilio.
- peafowl (ornithology)
pheasant of one of the genera Pavo and Afropavo
- (intransitive) To strut about proudly.
- (intransitive) To engage in peacocking, ostentatious dress or behaviour to impress women.