Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hyphenation: en‧to‧mo‧lo‧gy
- Rhymes: -ɒlədʒi
- The scientific study of insects, and (informal) of other arthropods (and occasionally other invertebrates).
- Entomology is an important field of study within biology.
- Not to be confused with etymology.
- insectology (much less common)
study of insects
- acarology (study of mites and ticks)
- apiology (study of bees)
- arachnology (study of arachnids)
- arthropodology (study of arthropods)
- coleopterology (study of beetles)
- dipterology (study of flies)
- hemipterology (study of true bugs)
- lepidopterology (study of moths and butterflies)
- melittology (study of bees)
- myrmecology (study of ants)
- orthopterology (study of grasshoppers, crickets, etc.)
- trichopterology (study of caddis flies)
- zoology (study of animals)