Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive, intransitive) To emit (sweat or perspiration) through the skin's pores.
- I was perspiring freely after running the marathon.
- 2010, Susan C. Karant-Nunn, The Reformation of Feeling
- He lists forty reasons, mainly metaphorical, why Christ perspired blood, and his peroration takes twenty-two pages in print.
- (intransitive) To be evacuated or excreted, or to exude, through the pores of the skin.
- A fluid perspires.
sweat — see sweat