Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: phénoménal
- phænomenal (archaic)
- (colloquial) Very remarkable; highly extraordinary; amazing.
- (sciences) Perceptible by the senses through immediate experience.
- (philosophy) Of or pertaining to the appearance of the world, as opposed to the ultimate nature of the world as it is in itself.
- (very remarkable): awesome (slang)
philosophy: pertaining to the appearance of the world
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- “phenomenal” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2019.