Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(classifier cuốn) phim
- any type of video involving cinematic elements, such as movies, TV series, commercials, documentaries, etc., except music videos.
- a clip of footage
- refers to pornographic videos
- Phim is rather a very generic word for "kinds of videos", as Vietnamese lacks proper distinguishing terms for those. One may not need to specify the type of video when in doubt; phim would suffice.
- phim ảnh (“cinema”)
- phim bom tấn (“blockbuster movie/TV series”)
- phim bộ (“cinematic TV series, TV movie”)
- phim cấp ba, phim sex, phim người lớn, phim con heo (“porn/adult movie/video clip”)