Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌdɒk.jəˈmɛn.tɹi/, /ˌdɒk.jʊˈmɛn.tɹi/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌdɑː.kjəˈmɛn.tɚ.i/, /ˌdɑː.kjʊˈmɛn.tɚ.i/
documentary (not comparable)
- of, related to, or based on documents.
- which serves to document (record and:or illustrate) a subject.
- (of a film, book etc) presented objectively without the insertion of fictional matter.
presented objectively without the insertion of fictional matter
documentary (plural documentaries)
- A film, TV program, publication etc. which presents a social, political, scientific or historical subject in a factual or informative manner.
programme or publication of fact
terms derived from documentary (noun)