Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: pin up
From pin up, as such a photograph is often removed from the publication in which it is printed and pinned up on a wall.
- A photograph, printed in a magazine or other publication, of a sexually attractive person (often nude or provocatively dressed), and intended to be removed and pinned up on a wall.
- The person so depicted.
- (figuratively) Figurehead, person who represents an idea, cause etc.
2011 December 14, Angelique Chrisafis, “Rachida Dati accuses French PM of sexism and elitism”, Guardian:
- She was Nicolas Sarkozy's pin-up for diversity, the first Muslim woman with north African parents to hold a major French government post. But Rachida Dati has now turned on her own party elite with such ferocity that some have suggested she should be expelled from the president's ruling party.
- (photograph of a sexually attractive person in a magazine): centerfold
- (person so depicted): centerfold, pin-up girl (woman)
Audio (Paris) (file)
pin-up f (plural pin-up)