Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
plater (plural platers)
- Someone who plates metal.
- Someone who installs sheet metal and armour plating, particularly on trains, ships, tanks, and similar items.
- A machine for calendering paper.
- (biology) A device for depositing cells on a plate.
- (horse-racing) A horse that runs chiefly in selling plates; hence, an inferior racehorse.
someone who plates metal
someone who installs sheet metal
- platter (serving plate)
- English: platter (borrowed)