Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: portraituré
- A portrait; a likeness; a painted resemblance; hence, that which is copied from some example or model.
- For, by the image of my cause, I see / The portraiture of his.
- The art of painting or photographing portraits.
- A portrait (or portraits considered as a group).
portraiture f (plural portraitures)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of