Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (rare, chiefly law) Having a precedent; not novel
- 1905, George Pierce Baker & Henry Barrett Huntington, The Principles of Argumentation, page 660:
- We have a right to take any method that is legal and is precedented.
- (rare) simple past tense and past participle of
- 2005, America The Book, “So You Want To Be A Precedent”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), page 92:
- "Is 'precedented' even a word?" you may ask. Well, it is now, Noah-fucking-Webster. I just precedented it.