Jump to navigation Jump to search
prox (plural proxes)
- (US, Rhode Island) The ticket or list of candidates at elections, presented to the people for their votes.
- 1841, Report of the select committee [on] the memorial of the democratic members of the Legislature of Rhode Island:
- on the election day at Newport , the ticket containing the names of the general officers has been called “ the prox” of general officers
- “prox”, in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, Springfield, Mass.: G. & C. Merriam, 1913, →OCLC.
- (Classical) IPA(key): /proks/, [prɔks̠]
- (modern Italianate Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /proks/, [prɔks]