Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Indicating disapproval, scoffery, irritation, impatience or disbelief.
- Pshaw! I can't believe it!
- 1823 — James Fenimore Cooper, The Pioneers, ch. 13
- "Pshaw! Why do ye bother yourself wid texts, man, about so small a matter?" interrupted the landlady
- 1838-1839 — Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby, ch. 56
- 'Pshaw!' Ralph muttered, forcing a laugh.
- 1891 — Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company, ch. xxiii
- "Have a care, cousin," he whispered; "for the sake of the Virgin have a care, for you have angered him."
- "Pshaw! fear not," the other answered in the same low tone.
- 1992 - Wayne Campbell, Wayne's World
- "Pshaw! And monkeys might fly out of my butt."
indicating disapproval, scoffery, irritation, impatience or disbelief