Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) A service, asserted to be for the public good, provided by a for-profit enterprise or trade association.
- This has been a public service announcement from the Advertising Council.
- (Britain) A service, usually provided by the government, for the general public or its specific section.
- 2013 May 17, George Monbiot, “Money just makes the rich suffer”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 23, page 19:
- In order to grant the rich these pleasures, the social contract is reconfigured. The welfare state is dismantled. Essential public services are cut so that the rich may pay less tax. […]
service by for-profit enterprise
service for general public or its section