put someone on blast
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (slang) To embarrass by publicly denouncing or exposing, especially by using social media.
- 2014 July 2, EJ, “Lawd Geeeeeezus: Waitress Puts Warren Sapp's 'No Tip' Ticket On Blast”, in Design & Trend:
- For one, putting Sapp on blast like that without knowing his circumstances isn't very classy nor professional and two who's to say the waitress didn't supply good service which is a very popular reason as to why some people don't tip.
- 2015 July 13, Michelle Phi, “Duke Williams: Mia Khalifa Puts NFL Player On Blast For Multiple Twitter Messages”, in Hollywood Life:
- Mia Khalifa has no problem calling people out for constantly sliding into her DM’s. Buffalo Bills safety Duke Williams learned that the hard way when the porn star put him on blast for doing just that via Twitter.
- 2015 October 6, Ashley Feinberg, “Anderson Cooper Narced on a Bunch of Teens Last Night”, in Gawker:
- But then it was time to put Jonathan on blast—poor, sweet, foul-mouthed Jonathan who merely wanted someone to let him hit.
- 2016 April 21, Allie Page, “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Recap: The Freshmaker”, in Vulture:
- Like with last episode's Living Single joke, I felt both immediately put on blast and very deserving of it, which is exactly what good satire should do.