Jump to navigation Jump to search
quartile (plural quartiles)
- (statistics) Any of the three points that divide an ordered distribution into four parts, each containing a quarter of the population.
- (statistics) Any one of the four groups so divided.
- This school is ranked in the first quartile.
- 2021 July 28, Paul Clifton, “Network News: Confusion and dissent over face mask requirements: Reaction to the Guidance: British Safety Council”, in RAIL, number 936, page 6:
- The Department for Transport's National Travel Survey shows that workers in the lowest income quartile are twice as likely to use public transport.
- (statistics): median (2-quantile), tercile/tertile (3), quartile (4), quintile (5), sextile (6), septile (7), octile (8), decile (10), hexadecile (16), ventile/vigintile (20), centile/percentile (100)
any of the three points
any of the four groups
quartile m (plural quartiles)