Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪdə(r)
raider (plural raiders)
- One who engages in a raid; a plunderer.
- (business) A person who takes or attempts to take control of a firm against the will of current management by purchasing a controlling interest of stock and acquiring proxies.
- (military) A special forces operative; a commando.
- (military, naval) A warship which is light, maneuverable, and fast-moving.
- (informal) A person who uncovers evidence of improper behavior within governmental or private organizations.
- (plunderer): buccaneer, corsair, freebooter, pirate
- (person who uncovers evidence of improper behavior): muckraker, activist
one who engages in a raid
business: person who takes control of a firm against the will of management
military: special forces operative
person who uncovers evidence of improper behavior