Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (intransitive) To fall from the sky as, or like, rain.
- I'm soaking wet because it rained down on me.
- (transitive) To let fall as, or like, rain.
- In the latest supernatural incident, the sky rained down frogs.
- (intransitive, with on or upon) To strike (literally or figuratively) many times and/or very intensely.
- My wrath will rain down upon you.
- The jeers rained down on me throughout my middle school years.
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To appear suddenly or inexplicably in large numbers.
to fall from the sky, as rain