Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An unusual or exceptional person or thing.
- Synonym: rara avis
- 1977, “106 Beats That”, in Pink Flag, performed by Wire:
- Finds it more physical, that's an important word / Always seen first then heard / Such a rare bird
- 2010 October 14, “Coming back to bite him”, in The Economist:
- This makes him a rare bird, for most Democrats running for re-election are staying mum or apologising for their votes for reform.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see rare, bird.
unusual or exceptional person or thing — see rara avis